Pet trends come and go and it’s hard to know which are here to stay and which are just passing fancy. We’ve got a great list of the top 5 pet trends that are worth the hype, no matter how long they last.
1. Pet camera – Ever wonder what your pet is up to while you’re away? Sure, we all do. Now you can check in on them right from your smartphone whenever you want with a number of new pet cameras on the market. Many feature motion tracking technology and most can double as a security camera as well. Know what your doggo is doing and protect your home at the same time!
2. Doga – Love yoga? Why not include your dog? Doggie and me yoga classes and videos are springing up everywhere. If you want a more step-by-step approach, check out the book Doga: Yoga for You and Your Dog by Mahny Djahanguiri. It even includes a section on pet massage that your pupper will love.
3. Pet subscription boxes – Subscription boxes are all the rage right now. Boxes with makeup, health foods, foreign snacks… you name it and there is probably a subscription box for it. The same is true for pets. There are several boxes for dogs and cats, in particular. The most popular of these being Barkbox for dogs and KitNipBox or Meowbox for cats. They come with fun and unique toys, treats and games for you and your pet to enjoy together. What’s not to love about that?
4. Pet portraits – Photography has come a long way from its early days. Now you can upload a picture of your pet to one of many pet portrait services, choose an outfit or costume that matches their personality and once it’s ready, approve your photo and a canvas portrait of your pet will ship out to you. This one gets bonus points for being a great gift as well. This trend is definitely worth the hype.
5. Pet fitness trackers – Did you get your steps in today? How about your pet? Did you know you can now get a fitness tracker for your pet? Pet fitness trackers monitor how much activity your pet is getting and sends you updates right to your smartphone. Prevent obesity in your pet by tracking their activity and helping them get some extra movement in either through a walk (for dogs) or play time (for cats). While it sounds a little extra, a pet fitness tracker can really help long term to help you keep your pet from gaining unwanted pounds that can lead to arthritis, diabetes and other issues.
Pet trends are simply that… trends. Which ones are worth taking notice of? We’ve got the goods on the top 5 pet trends that are worth the hype right here. From pet portraits to pet fitness trackers, we have the lowdown on the pet trends you’ll want to take advantage of while they’re here.